Frequently asked questions
1. What Is Required To Rent A Storage Unit?
You will need one form of current federal or state issued identification with a photograph and signature on it, such as your drivers license, a phone number where we can reach you if needed, and an emergency contact. You will be required to pay the first months rent at the time of renting the unit.
2. When Do I Have Access To My Storage Space?
Our gate access is available 365 days a year, seven days a week from 8 AM to 8 PM. Please note that payments made on delinquent accounts after office hours will not automatically allow you gate access or ensure that an over-lock has been removed. Delinquent cases such as this will be handled on the next business day.
3. What Are Your Office Hours?
Our office hours are 9 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday and Saturday 10 AM to 4 PM.
4. What Is The Difference Between Office Hours In Gate Hours?
Office hours are the hours of operation for the office when the facility manager will be available to assist you. The gate hours are the hours that you can access your rental unit using your pass code to open the gate.
5. How Long Do I Have To Rent The Unit?
All of our rental agreements are month-to-month with a one-month minimum. You are allowed to rent with us as long as you need the space.
6. What Are Your Storage Units Like?
Eagle Self Storage units are all steel construction, concrete floors in large rollup doors. Our storage spaces are all on first floor to allow you easy drive up access.
7. What Does Residential Indoor And Outdoor Storage Mean?
Most of the time furniture household items supplies in seasonal goods are stored in indoor units. cars boats trailers RVs in motorcycles are stored primarily in outdoor parking spaces.
8. What Is A Drive Up Unit?
Drive up unit is a ground floor unit that has its own loading area.
9. What Is A Rollup Door?
A rollup door is very similar to a garage door. You gain access by sliding the latch and lifting the door.
10. What Size Indoor Units Do You Have Available?
We have 5' x 5', 5' x 10', 10' x 10', 10' x 15', and 10' x 20'.
11. Do I Have To Pay Administrative Fees When Renting A Unit?
Eagle Self Storage does not have administrative fees or security deposits- you just pay the rent for your storage unit.
12. Do I need a lock when I rent a unit?
Each unit requires a lock. At our facility you're the only one that has access to your unit because you use your own lock and you keep the key. We do not sell locks.
13. When Is My Rent Due?
Your rent is due on the first day of the month.
14. Can I Rent The Unit Mid Month?
You can rent a unit anytime at Eagle Self Storage. We prorate the rent to reflect the day that you begin renting.
15. Can I Pay Month–Two–Month?
Yes, you are allowed to pay month-to-month.
16. What Happens If My Payment Is Late?
If your payment is received after the 10th of the month a $20 late fee is added to your account.
17. What is a storage auction?
In New York State any unit delinquent beyond 30 days is subject to auction. We hold public auctions at Eagle self storage periodically when customers become delinquent.
18. Can I Change My Storage Unit To A Different Size After I Have Already Moved In?
Yes. We pride ourselves on accommodating you. You can change unit sizes larger or smaller, just come into the office and we will help you work it out to get the unit space you need.
19. What Should I Do If I Forget My Access Code Or Lost The Key To My Lock?
The customer renting the unit will need to come into the office, show their ID and we will help you with your pass code.
20. What About Insurance Coverage?
Eagle Self Storage does not provide insurance on your possessions. Please consult your insurance agent regarding renters insurance for your items in storage.
21. Do You Have Electrical Outlets In Your Units?
Our units do not have access to electrical outlets.
22. What Items Cannot Be Stored In My Unit?
You are not allowed to store hazardous materials in the units. this includes flammable, explosives, corrosives, or poisons. Additionally no food items should be stored in your unit.
23. Do I Need To Give Notice To Vacate My Unit?
Eagle Self Storage prefers that you give a 15 day notice prior to vacating your unit. This is helpful to you as well as it will stop all charges and lets us know you no longer need the unit.
24. Are There Any Fees For Moving Out?
As long as you follow the rules- what you bring in- you must take back out when you leave. We ask that you simply give the proper 15-day notice and broom clean your unit. We do not clean units out, anyone leaving items in the unit will be charged a clean up fee of $35.
25. Do I Need insurance?
You are responsible for all goods stored at Eagle self storage. Please be sure to get a renters insurance policy or check with your homeowners insurance to see if a rider is provided for your goods in storage.
26. What does commercial storage mean?
Businesses use storage space to store merchandise, equipment, inventory, record storage, and tools.
27. Do You Offer RV/Boat/Car/Motorcycle Parking?
Eagle self storage offers outdoor parking spaces for RVs, boats, cars and motorcycles.
28. Do You Offer Any Specials Or Discounts?
Yes ego self storage offer specials and discounts throughout the year. Contact our office to ask about current specials and promotions.